Roles/Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for the smooth running of the workshops (Biobore, Stainless & Carbon) and its employees)
- Ensuring that Safety, Quality, objectives are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Scheduling of works from commencement through to completion including planning, materials resources, equipment, plant etc. Responsibility for complete production from final drawings to product shipment.
- Attendance at management meetings and providing updates on progress
- Prioritise workflow to eliminate constraints and potential issues. (Lean Principles)
- Liaise with Plant Manager for the maintenance of all workshop equipment
- Maintenance of records and documentation to comply with standards and certifications
- Planning manpower needs/managing staff performance, timekeeping, productivity, quality etc.
- Overseeing staff training requirements
- Liaising with customers from time to time as required
- Suggest opportunities to improve workshop efficiency and productivity where possible
- Overseeing loading and unloading of deliveries
- Utilise Weltec’ Safety Observation system (SOR) and Safety Intervention System safety and implement action plans to prevent recurrence
- Ensuring opening and closing of workshops
The Person Required
- Trade requirement in pipefitting, fabrication or other related trade is desired but not essential
- Previous workshop supervisory experience would be an advantage
- Ability to work as part of a team and supervise crew
- Take ownership of the tasks, materials and crew from beginning to end
- Personable and good communicator both written and verbal
- Hardworking and capable of solving problems while working under pressure for delivery.
- Ability to motivate craftworkers to achieve required targets and delegate as required
- Have or develop an in-depth knowledge of the plant and equipment being used for fabrication and assembly
- Be proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate.